Making the SEND reforms work through better partnerships
Limited places available to take part in our action learning networks...
Making the SEND reforms work through better partnerships: three collaborative action learning networks to support greater working across local authority and post-16 providers. The SEND reforms have brought about a number of opportunities for the post-16 sector but have equally meant local authorities and post-16 providers face making many systemic changes that can create challenges and cause some barriers to effective partnership working.
The Education and Training Foundation and NDTi are offering an opportunity for peer-to-peer co-learning because we think it will enhance partnership working across post-16 education and local authorities, bringing with it the development of shared values, ways of working and improved joint planning. By learning in partnership and working more collaboratively it will lead to improved learning outcomes and life chances of young people with SEND.
There will be three solution-focussed network meetings using an action learning approach at venues that most suit participants.
- A shared understanding of roles and responsibilities, differing cultures, use of funding and challenges and expectations in implementing the SEND Code of Practice
- Explore creative and innovative solutions to systemic challenges
- How to ensure person-centred practice, techniques and planning is used to support better outcomes for young people
- Understanding how behaviour and attitudes impact on partnership working
- Understanding what works in supporting young people into adulthood with employment, independence, friends and good health (pathways)
There are 34 free places available (17 pairs of post-16 providers and local authority partners). Venues will be confirmed once we have received applications. If you would like to take part but are struggling to find a partner, please let us know and be may be able to find one for you.
These networks will take place on the following dates:
For further information and to register
To register please send your completed application form to: Kirstin.email@example.com
If you have any questions, please feel free to call either:
You can download a copy of the leaflet here: Making the SEND Reforms work leaflet
You can download a copy of the application form here: Making the SEND Reforms Work application form
Released On 6th Aug 2018