Stockport Transitions Guide

This guide is for parents and carers of young people with SEND who want to know more about what to do when their child is a teenager. It gives information on the process of transition to adulthood, more independent living and the support services that may be available. These young people will usually either be on SEN support (if in education) or have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Schools where young people are on SEN support should continue to “assess, plan, do and review” support with the teenager and their families at least every year until they leave education, or until support is no longer necessary. Those with an EHC Plan will have annual transition reviews from year 9 until their plan ceases. Once young people leave education, they may need to prove their disability to get support.

Read the guide in full here

Tags: Young People & Family Participation, Guide

Read More

back to top