Young people are supported to manage their own health as they move into adulthood. Young people with learning disabilities are registered with GPs from 14 and annual health checks and plans are offered. Health professionals use person-centred approaches and work in partnership with education and social care colleagues as part of the EHC planning process.
Filter Resources By Category
Although the Right Here programme focused primarily on early intervention in community settings, many of the lessons we learnt - that are included in this guide - apply equally to the commissioning of services for more severe conditions.
This report by the Care Quality Commission looks at the transition of young people between the ages of 14 to 25 with complex health needs and how they adjust to a change in services.
1. The role of the Department of Health in the new system
2. What the changes to the health and care system mean for patients and local communities
3. How health and care organisations will work together locally
4. How health and care organisations will work together nationally
5. How the interests of people using health and care services are protected