Post 19 Programme Report
The Preparing for Adulthood Team have been working with 18 local areas to explore the challenges that the new SEND system has presented in terms of the 16-25 cohort of young people. An interim report about this work was published in September 2019 and can be found here.
The original project brief was for the areas to explore the following issues:
- The 16-25 curriculum and study programmes, including Supported Internships
- Education, Health and Care plans - outcomes, destinations and the criteria for ceasing an individual’s plan
- The interface between the Children and Families Act, the Care Act, the Equalities Act and the Mental Capacity Act
- Developing and implementing pathways for Preparing for Adulthood
This report draws out some of the learning and describes some of the practice, resources and ideas that have come out of the work. Most of the areas worked on a number of themes – each area is described within the theme that was there main focus.
The themes included are:
- Preparing for Adulthood from the Earliest Years
- Young People’s Voice
- Curriculum and Employment
- Relationships with Parents